Monday, January 29, 2018

Donuts in Gatlinburg.

I think everyone knows that Gatlinburg has some of the best pancake houses that you can find absolutely anywhere. If you visit Gatlinburg for a few days though you might find yourself wanting a different breakfast option one morning.  With that, may I suggest a donut?

The first of two options would be going to the Donut Friar. Situated in The Village, this is the most popular place in Gatlinburg to grab a donut. They open at 5AM and you can grab a seat at one of their tables inside or sit outside near the Village fountain. Popular items there include their cinnamon bread, éclairs, and jelly filled donuts. Powered,  chocolate glazed, coconut,  and donuts with sprinkles are popular option as well. As for myself, well, I usually can't decide. In those instances, I'll just get a few glazed and mix in several different kind to make a dozen.
Another place to get a great donut is at Mad Dog's Creamery and Donuts.

They are located at 731 East Parkway and open at 7AM and I actually prefer them over the Donut Friar.  Options seem to be endless here. They have several different varieties of cake donuts, yeast donuts, filled donuts, and house specialties such as Espresso Sugar. They also serve funnel cakes, 24 flavors of ice cream, milkshakes, banana splits, and doggie treats! Yes, if you have your 4 legged baby with you, you can enjoy your donut or ice cream on one of the outside picnic tables and your fur baby can also enjoy a treat with you. They also have water bowls outside for your pets convenience.  If you visit here, I highly recommend my personal favorite,  the chocolate dream!
Don't limit yourself to just to one, be sure to get a box full so you can enjoy one later in the day.
While you're there be sure to also check out the awesome piece of chainsaw art on display outside.
Donut Friar and Mad Dog's Creamery and Donuts gives you two great options on that day you want to take a break from the pancake houses. I hope you give them a try and find them to be as delicious as I do! Be sure to check back soon as I continue to blog about my favorite things to do and favorite places to visit in Gatlinburg.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Donut Friar. I limit myself to one and that is hard to do. The last two visits, I had to have the coconut. Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, just one? That takes some serious self control there, lol! I'm sure with just the one though you savor each bite!

      Delete